BRANDOLAND: Talking to God...For You!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Which One's Pink?

Happy Sunday.

Can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'm jumping on Pink's bandwagon: She's written one of the great "protest" songs of the day ("Dear Mr. President") and I'm a new fan.

Here's the video, via Crooks & Liars. Check it out.

Sure, it's not Dylan ("Masters of War") or even Sabbath's "War Pigs" (yes, people, a great anti-war song), but it's simple and catchy and to the point and includes some questions we should all be asking:
Dear Mr. President,
Were you a lonely boy?
Are you a lonely boy?
Well, come on.

If Babs was your mum...?

"Why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

My favorite part of the song:
What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away,
And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay?

I can only imagine what the First Lady has to say,
"You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine."
Hey now.

(Can I suggest Al-Anon for the entire nation?)

Never really paid attention to Pink - I spend most of my time with Sonic Youth, Maiden and the Replacements - but she has my loyalty.

"Let the Swift Boating begin!"

How will the DrudgeRushOReillys of the world start the smear campaign? She does have cache in the youth market - which means - she's a new threat.

And she had the balls to mention the, uh, whiskey and cocaine thing.

Your thoughts below, please.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home