BRANDOLAND: Talking to God...For You!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Stones at the Half

Happy Superbowlday.

Yesterday, I asked the Google-monkeys to check into Sean Hannity's claim that Venezuela had "nukes."

The Liberal Doomsayer anwered the call:
Somebody put an item on the Wikipedia discussion tab with no attribution stating that they're "nuclear capable," which is kind of like saying that I'm "Republican capable" - just because it's possible doesn't mean there's a chance in hell it could ever happen.
I'd love to hear their definition of "nuclear capable."

I'm nuclear capable: I mean, you could turn my Hollywood 1-bd into a freaking launching pad if you spent enough $.
This from the "Moonie Times" dated 10/17/05 - "Venezuela Seeks Nukes"
He means the Washington Times --
Dubya says a nuclear reactor for "peaceful" purposes (i.e., we get our cut and then we actually DON'T invade you) may be OK (CBS News 11/02/05).
Yep. Good stuff. I'm sure we'll hear more about that evil Hugo Chavez and his "nuclear capabilities" in the months to come.

Moving on...to the Halftime Show.

Chuck Klosterman ("Sex, Drugs & Co-Co Puffs") has been blogging for ESPN.

His point re: Mick & Keith?
The Stones will perform three songs in 12 minutes on Sunday, and the NFL is being predictably tight-lipped about what those songs will be.

In an alternative utopia governed by aristocratic griffons, these songs will be "Star Star," "Sister Morphine," and "Jigsaw Puzzle."

In the reality in which we currently inhabit, these songs will probably be "Start Me Up," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," and the second single off a 2005 album that nobody bought.
Yep, yep and yep.

I'd vote for "Soul Survivor," "Happy" and "Silver Train."

I'd accept "Shattered," "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and "Dance (Pt 1)."

But, we live in a Best Buy-kinda world so...

Steelers 27, Seahawks 13!!!

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home