BRANDOLAND: Talking to God...For You!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

More Folksy Comedy

More folksy comedy from Our Kid: Dude had those Kansans rolling!
In order to make good decisions, you've got to rely upon the judgment of people you trust.

I'll never forget the first decision I had to make as the President. I wasn't even sworn in yet, and a fellow called me on the phone and he said, what color rug do you want to have in the Oval Office? (Laughter.)

You've got to be kidding me, man. (Laughter.)

He said, no, what color rug would you like to have in the Oval Office? I said, I don't know. He said, well, it turns out that Presidents -- you've just got to know Presidents design their rugs. I said, well, to be honest with you, I don't know much about designing rugs.

So I called, I delegated -- that's one of the things you do in decision-making. (Laughter.) I said, LAURA, how about helping design the rug? (Laughter.)
Ha ha! Get it? He asked his wife to deal with the rug! I mean, women usually do stuff like that, but it's "funnier" because he "delegated" the decision to her! 'Coz he's the president and that's what presidents do: They "delegate" decisions! Ha ha! Like cooking and cleaning and making babies! (Kansan laughter.)

(Would've been funnier if he'd delegated the decision to the VP.)
Part of being a decision-maker, though, is you've got to help -- you've got to think strategically.

And so I said to her -- she said, what color do you want?
Ho ho! The hits just keep on coming.
I said, make it say this: "Optimistic person comes here to work every single day."

You can't lead the nation, you can't make good decisions unless you're optimistic about the future.
Ha ha.

(Pause.)

Uh...

He thinks he's optimistic?

God help us.

More later today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home