BRANDOLAND: Talking to God...For You!

Friday, November 11, 2005

T4: The Terminator Strikes Back

A chastened Schwarzenegger sets new tone

Arnold:
"If I would do another 'Terminator' movie I would have Terminator travel back in time and tell Arnold not to have a special election," the former action film star joked.
Well...

I can handle that scene.

But, if you do another Terminator, Arnold, you have to set most of the thing in the future. We have to see the machines fighting the rebels, we have to see John Connor kicking total ass, and we have to see him capturing and re-programming a couple of Terminators. (See T2 & T3.)

Wonder if Claire Daines will do the flick?
"I should have also listened to my wife who said don't do it."
She's a Kennedy: She would know.

In other DICK moves:

Robertson warns Pennsylvania voters of God's wrath

Apparently, the Good Lord is about to ignore the Keystone State:
"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin."
"WHAT DID HE SAY?"

He said, "Don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin."

"WHAT A DICK."

Yeah.

"I MEAN, JESUS, WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?"

The man trades in fear.

"I'LL SAY."
"I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.
"VOTED ME OUT OF THEIR CITY?! I WASN'T RUNNING FOR ANYTHING."

Right.

"IF I WAS GONNA RUN FOR SOMETHING IN PENNSYLVANIA, I'D RUN FOR SENATE. YOU KNOW, SO WE COULD SEND THAT WING-NUT SANTORUM BACK TO PITTSBURGH."

Please do that.

Early polls:

God (D) - 77%
Santorum (R) - 23%

"CHRIST, IF I WAS GONNA PUNISH SOMEONE, I'D PUNISH HIM."

Right.

Moving on...

Bongo Goes to Washington, Part II!

"I'd like to thank...President Gabon here for coming in."

"Bongo."

"Come again?"

"President Bongo. Of Gabon."

"President Bonguvgabon?"

"Bongo."

"Uvgabone?"

"Bongo. Bongo."

"I'd like to thank the President of Bongo Bongo."

"Bongo of Gabon!"

"Like I said, I'd like to thank the President for coming in. You oughta take in a Redskin game. FedEx field has some great food."

"Grrr."

*

One last thing.

Our Kid attacked his critics today during his Veteran's Day appearance at the Tobyhanna Army Depot in Pennsylvania.

On a stage decorated with posters that said "Strategy for Victory": Really lame.

His comments:
"As our troops fight a ruthless enemy determined to destroy our way of life, they deserve to know that their elected leaders who voted to send them to war continue to stand behind them," the president said.
I've said this before, and I'm gonna say it again: I'm sick of the "enemy determined to destroy our way of life" line.

NOTHING can stop our way of life.

Our "CokeMcDonaldsFordIBMComcastGapOutbackFreakingSteakhouse" way of life.

Klingons, maybe, but not the "evil-doers."
"Our troops deserve to know that this support will remain firm when the going gets tough. And our troops deserve to know that, whatever our differences in Washington, our will is strong, our nation is united and we will settle for nothing less than victory."
Our troops deserve good pay, the best gear, and solid health care.

And...they deserve the truth.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home