BRANDOLAND: Talking to God...For You!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Good For Him

Terry Schiavo's husband Michael has gone NEW-CUE-LER on Shrub, Jebby, and Tom DeLay.

Check out these comments from his phone interview with the St. Petersburg Times:
"Come down, President Bush," Schiavo said in a telephone interview. "Come talk to me. Meet my wife. Talk to my wife and see if you get an answer. Ask her to lift her arm to shake your hand. She won't do it."

"Instead of worrying about my wife, who was granted her wishes by the state courts the past seven years, they should worry about the pedophiles killing young girls," Schiavo said, referring to a local case. "Why doesn't Congress worry about people not having health insurance? Or the budget? Let's talk about all the children who don't have homes."

He said U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who is leading a charge to extend Terri Schiavo's life, is a "little slithering snake" pandering for votes.

"To make comments that Terri would want to live, how do they know?" Schiavo said of the members of Congress who want to keep his wife alive.

"Have they ever met her?" Schiavo said. "What color are her eyes? What's her middle name? What's her favorite color? They don't have any clue who Terri is. They should all be ashamed of themselves."
Whoa.

CUT TO:

INT. CONGRESSIONAL OFFICE - DAY

A young INTERN bolts into this busy congressional office, which is filled with a number of male STAFFERS and LOBBYISTS.

INTERN - Quick! Turn on FOX! Michael Schiavo just made a comment about the boss!

STAFFER #1 jumps up from his desk and switches the TV set (from the Spice Network) to Fox News.

INTERCUT WITH:

SEAN HANNITY is on TV with Operation Rescue's RANDALL TERRY, the spokesman for Terry Schiavo's parents.

HANNITY - But here's the disgusting thing. And it makes me sick. Michael Schiavo had the audacity to call Tom DeLay, one of our great leaders, a man who is trying to save this woman's life, a slithering little snake.

STAFFER #1 - He's gonna regret that.

HANNITY - Randall Terry, how sick and disgusting is that?

TERRY - Sean, that's the kind of people we're dealing with. Murderers. Killers. People who kill their wives and little babies.

HANNITY - Right.

TERRY - Liberals. Michael Schiavo should be sent to prison before he kills this woman with his bare hands.

STAFFER #1 - Hmm. That's a good idea? Can we do that?

STAFFER #2 - There's gotta be a background check around here somewhere.

STAFFER - Let's get on that. I'm sure we can come up with something. A stripper or a bad check or a little boy.

LOBBYIST - Hopefully.

STAFFER #3 - Wait a sec. I've got a better idea. Time to bust out...Operation April 15th.

LOBBYIST - Yes!

STAFFER #1 - Now we're talking. Hey, somebody set this man up with a weekend at Turnberry!

The entire office burst into laughter. Staffer #1 picks up the phone and we...

CUT TO:

INT. IRS OFFICE - MOMENTS LATER

An IRS AGENT is sitting at his desk and scrolling through a list of names on his computer. The phone rings...

IRS AGENT - (answering) Yeah? What's the name? Schiavo. And the social security number?

The agent enters the information into his computer.

IRS AGENT - Got it. No problem. My best to Tom.

The agent hangs up and we...

CUT TO more later.

4 Comments:

  • Here's my problem with this case. It's not clear. Terri was kept alive for several years before her husband decided to start telling people that she woudn't have wanted these measures taken to keep her alive. If that was her wish, how come he didn't mention it sooner? Also, he stands to gain about $4Million when she passes. What does he care? Why doesn't he divorce her and go live his life? I mean, if it brings her family some kind of joy by having her here... then what's the problem? I don't know what's right... if she would rather be dead, then she should be dead... but we don't know that, and I wouldn't take the word of a guy who is about to become a millionaire from her death. That's just my thought.

    By Blogger FoxyStardust, at 12:57 PM  

  • Uh, I don't think he's getting any money when this ends. All the $$$ has been used up.

    By Blogger Outsourced, at 10:29 AM  

  • Sorry, I was wrong. I looked it up. He won 1.5 million in the law suit that was settled 3 years ago. $700,000 went to her care while he got $300,000 for the impact of this, even to his marriage (he deserves a lot more in my opinion, but then this was event was initially brought on by her eating disorder, so maybe that explains the small numbers). There is only $30,000 left that he would then get, but I don't think that would be a factor in this at this point.

    I honestly don't think the feeding tube will be reinserted. I think that Bush and the others are just saying what they need to say, voicing their opinions... but it doesn't seem like any real action is going to be taken to prolong her life.

    By Blogger FoxyStardust, at 6:42 PM  

  • I should really proof read before I hit publish.

    Sorry, I was wrong. I looked it up. He won 1.5 million in the law suit that was settled 3 years ago. $700,000 went to her care while he got $300,000 for the impact of this, event to his marriage (he deserves a lot more in my opinion, but then this was initially brought on by her eating disorder, so maybe that explains the small numbers). There is only $30,000 left that he would then get, but I don't think that would be a factor in this at this point and I've heard people say that he's saying he's going to give that money to charity. I think this guy legitimately just wants to get on with his life.

    I honestly don't think the feeding tube will be reinserted. I think that Bush and the others are just saying what they need to say, voicing their opinions... but it doesn't seem like any real action is going to be taken to prolong her life.

    By Blogger FoxyStardust, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home